20140714

Day 71

In all my dreams I die.
Each night something new.
July 11th - I was slowly dipped into acid until only my screaming head remained
July 12th - I was eaten from the inside out by some kind of parasitic embryo
July 13th - I was hung from a willow tree, the rope snapped and I drowned

I'm growing used to seeing these.
They hardly phase me but last night...last night felt so real
It started with me waking up on my bedroom floor.
This isn't unusual, I fall out of bed a lot but what was unusual was the walls.
They seemed... alive.
They seemed to watch me as I moved about my house.
I went about my normal routine and went to work.
That's when things went very, very wrong.

It was so mind-numbingly hot outside, I could barely breathe.
I stumbled to my usual bus stop.
The bus shelter had melted in the heat, the road was a thick, black stew.
When the bus pulled up it was driven by a skeleton whose flesh was dripping
off them like water from a spilt cup.
I looked down and saw my own flesh melting and began to feel the pain of it.
Great bolts of agony shot through me.
Usually I wake up when the pain gets this bad but this time I didn't.
Couldn't.
Not until I was surrounded by my own self.


I woke up, skin sunburnt and the smell of burning flesh filling the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment