20140723

Day 80

The low tide can bring many things to the surface.
It brought me a deep blue seashell.

Remember the old saying that if you put your ear to
a shell you can always hear the sea?
That's only the start.
You can hear so much more if you listen, if you go
into the sea.
Under the sea.

My shell screams when I listen to it on dry land, away
from the water.
It shrieks and wails and sometimes it says names.
Sometimes I know the names, other times I find them
in the news.
Murdered.
Specifically drowned.

My shell says such nice things when I listen to it under
the sea.
It says things nobody else has ever said.
I can barely stay away from the sea now.
I just want to hear it speak to me.
I need to hear it speak to me.

I'm going diving tomorrow with my shell.
I don't know if I'll come back up.
I don't know if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment