20140830

Day 118

Building sites are hard work I'll admit.
Installing the structure itself isn't a problem, its getting to that point first.
See, there's plenty of things buried that
ought to stay there but a growing population
demands more.


Can't stop progress, can't keep things hidden
forever no matter how deep you bury them or
how many you bury with it some things just
won't stay down.

Now sometimes this is a good thing and we make
progress from what we find... other times we
uncover the god-awful truth.

The last site I worked on is what did me in.
I mean, how can I work again after what I saw?
I can't even sleep, all I see is the pit we found...

And them.

We thought it was a mass grave, you know, being
in Belgium and all but something about it wasn't
right.

Namely that the skeletons were moving their mouths.
Not just moving either, but actually talking.

Couldn't understand what they were saying.
I don't speak German but one of the other guys
did.

He tried to translate but before he could they grabbed
him and dragged him down.

All we saw was blood.
He seemed to scream for hours.

All the while they never stopped speaking.
If anything they spoke louder.

Never figured out what they were saying
Me and the guys just filled the pit in and ran.
Changed our names, took new jobs, took to drinking.

The only reason I'm coming back to this at all is cause
I've been hearing them again.
They whisper into my ear at night.

They are so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment