20140808

Day 96

We buried him with his phone.
Our little way of keeping in touch with him
We never thought he'd text back a year later.

He texted me today saying "dig me up im fine"
I texted back "you got the wrong number"

He phoned me.
Used my full name.
Laughed like some kind of nightmare.

Most people who knew him got the same treatment.
He texted, then he called.
Every time he ended with the same thing.
Dont worry. I'll see you soon.

We were all terrified.
We decided to exhume his body for an exorcism.

It was done in broad daylight, nobody could stomach
the thought of him coming at us at night.
His coffin was sealed, just as we left it when he was burned.

But he wasn't there.
His phone was.
There was an unsent message on the screen.
I'll be there soon.

That boy has always been late.
It took him four weeks to finally arrive.
He hadn't changed a bit since the funeral.

He could almost pass for a regular living person.
Almost.
The accident had left his body mangled, bones crushed.
We chose a suit that would cover that as best as possible.
It didn't change the way he walked, shuddery and limp.
Like a puppet controlled by a child.

He seemed so happy to be back.
Didn't come inside though, just said how nice it was to see me.
Then he left, leaving behind a small puddle of blood.

I called around and a few others had been visited by him too.
Same thing every time.
We wondered where the blood had come from, or if it was his.

No comments:

Post a Comment