20140810

Day 98

You know those digital photo frames, the big ones?
I found one in the attic when I was a kid.
My parents never believed me, said they couldn't find it.
Strange really, it was always on the wall.
I tried to move it once, it was totally fixed in place.

I grew up and forgot about it til I helped my parents move.
I saw it again in the attic hidden behind a box of videos.
It seemed to be the same photo as before but off.

Took me a while to figure out why.
The sky was full of birds, a huge flock of them.
I don't remember there being any other animals in it
besides the big stag at the front.
That had changed too.
Its horns and muzzle were covered in blood.

I couldn't look away.
The picture began to move.
The birds circled in closer.
The stag bellowed.
Everything went black.

I woke up covered in blood in a police cell.
The blood wasn't mine.
It wasn't mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment