20140903

Day 122

There's a lot of mutterers today.
Just random strangers who start to speak in hushed tones when you are near them.
Its almost impossible to pick up what they are actually saying.
Believe me, I've tried.
Might as well ask next time one of them's near enough to me.

----
-----
----

Okay so earlier this week I actually asked a lone mutterer if she could speak up.
She gave me this weird look, like I'd done something horribly wrong.
Everyone turned to look at me.

I quickly hurried off saying my hopping list under my breath.
I think it worked, they didn't follow me and stopped staring after a while.

On a hopefully unrelated note, there's been an increase inthe number of dead birds in the lake.
We usually have one or two a month, the water's just so clear you can't tell its that deep.
The birds are all the same kind as well, all robins instead of the normal pidgeon.
It's always the same number of robins each week - 17.
Nobody's figured out what's causing it and what the significance of that number is.

All I know is the mutterers are louder now.
I made out what one of them said.
They'd never stopped staring at me.
I'm next, I don't know what for but I have a feeling I won't make it out alive, or at least the same.

Ignore the mutters.
Just ignore them.
Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment