20140905

Day 124

I've seen people die before.
I'm a cancer nurse, so its part of the job.
Sometimes they go quietly in their sleep, faces lax and dreamy.
Other times its more... vibrant.
They have seizures, they cry, they beg to see a loved one.
Its tragic.

Its gotten worse lately.
Their faces are following me.
They are literally following me, even now.
Always silent, floating around me.
Some days I can barely see as they jostle and crown my field of vision.
I just wish they'd talk.
I need to know what they want.

--
---
--

They aren't just floating around me now.
They're appearing elsewhere.
My colleagues' faces keep morphing into theirs.
Patterns on walls too.

There's one on an advert on TV now.
There's no volume, just that face smiling.
It its changing into all of the other faces I've seen.
Everyone who's dies under my care.

If I admit I killed them will it just STOP?
It was for their own good, they were in agony!
To hell with what they wanted, they were in pain, they needed rest.

I need rest.

Maybe that's why they're here, they've come to help me like I helped them.

I'll know soon for sure, they're coming out of the advert.
They have bodies now.
Their nails look a lot longer and so do their... teeth?

No comments:

Post a Comment