20140913

Day 132

I can feel my eyes.
I can feel my eyes.

When I was younger I got into a car crash.
Lost my vision in both eyes, been blind ever since.
Sometimes I saw flashes of colour or had a vague
feeling that I was looking at someone.

According to the doctor its just a variant of phantom
limb syndrome, where my brain is convinced I still
have eyes or random nerves firing off an impulse.
Something like that.

I got used to these rare occurrences where I caught
glimpses of life.
Last week I swear I saw a face.
I didn't recognise their expression - its been so long
since I've seen a face.
I asked a friend to tell me what emotion it was and
mimicked the stranger's profile.

My friend went very quiet.
Told me I looked terrified.
He'd never seen a face so utterly afraid.

I keep seeing this face now.
Last night I was heading to the kitchen when that face
appeared in front of me.
As I walked forward I moved closer to them.
I looked around me and found my hands covered in red.
I was holding something sharp.
I have no idea where I was but I'd never been there before.

I walked right up to the person and I swear I could hear them beg.
As I reached out to them my vision went black.
I haven't seen them since.

Are you sure that's how it went?
You don't remember anything else?
Didn't know the victim?

Yes officer. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment