20140921

Day 140

There's this statue outside of the local church.
- .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / ... - --- .--.
Nobody pays it much attention, nobody pays the church much attention.
- .... .. ... / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .... --- .--. . ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.. . .-.. .- -.-- / - .... . -- / ... - --- .--.
Not after those kids went missing.
.. / ..-. --- ..- -. -.. / - .... . / -.- .. -.. ... / ... - --- .--.
Being the idiot I am, I went and looked into it cause, yanno, suspicious deaths.
- .... . / ... -. .- -.- . / .. ... / -- --- .-. . / - .... .- -. / .- / ... - .- - ..- . / ... - --- .--.
Their remains were never found but I reckoned I knew where they were.
- .... . / -.-. .... ..- .-. -.-. .... / .. ... / -- --- -. .. - --- .-. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / ... - --- .--.
See, they never checked the graveyard,something about disturbing a historical site.
- .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / .. -. / --- -. / .. - / ... - --- .--.
Even though there were signs that the dirt around the old statue had been moved about,
they still refused to look into it.
- .-. ..- ... - / -. --- / --- -. . / ... - --- .--.
So I went down with my shovel after they officially "closed" the case (declared it unsolved).
-.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- / - .... . / ... -. .- -.- . / ... - --- .--.
The statue itself it pretty simple, a snake curled around the holy grail with something
latin engraved on it, most of its too faded to see.
-.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- / - .... . / ... -. .- -.- . / ... - --- .--.
I was definitely right about the dirt, it looked too fresh, too messy to be the norm.
-.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- / - .... . / ... -. .- -.- . / ... - --- .--.
I started digging, the earth was so soft and damp and it clung to my shovel and dripped off.
-... .-.. --- --- -.. / ... --- / ..-. .-. . ... .... / ... --- / -.-- --- ..- -. --. / .- -. -.. / -. . .--
Dirt shouldn't drip, I angled my torch at my shovel and saw that the dirt was mixed with
blood and the small hole I had dug was slowly filling up with it.
.. / ... .- .-- / .- / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. ... / ... -.- ..- .-.. .-.. / ... -- .. .-.. . / ..- .--. / .- - / -- .
So as you can imagine I was freaking out a bit, started backing up and saw the statue's head move.
... . .-. .--. . -. - . -- / ...- . -.-. - . -- --..-- / . - / ...- .. ...- .- - / .. -. / -- ..- -. -.. --- /
 --. .-.. ..- - .. .- -- / ... .- -. --. ..- .. -. . -- / .--. .-. --- ..-. .- -. ..- --
It moved! It moved and - ..- .-. -. . -.. / .. - ... / .... . .- -.. towards me!
.--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... .--. .- .-. . / -- .
I ran, I ran and it ..-. --- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. / -- .!
.. - / -.- -. --- .-- ... / .-- .... . .-. . / .. / .- --
.. / -.-. .- -. - / .-. .. ... -.- / -... . .. -. --. / ..-. --- ..- -. -.. / -. --- - / .-- .... . -. / .. -- /
 ... --- / -.-. .-.. --- ... . / - --- / - .... . / - .-. ..- - ....
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / .. / .- -- / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / -.. . .- -..
-.. --- -. - / .-.. . - / - .... .. ... / -.. .. .
-.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- / - .... . / ... -. .- -.- .

No comments:

Post a Comment