20140924

Day 143

I don't have any stuffed animals in my house.
Haven't since I was a child.
My aunt got me this bear.
Said it was special.
It was certainly... unique.
I mean, it wasn't quite right.

It kept blinking when the adult's backs were turned.
They chalked it down to my overactive imagination but I know what I saw.
Recently I was helping my dad clean out the attic and found the bear again.
Of course my sentimental parent decided to take the bear down.
Its sitting in the livingroom now, in the corner beside a vase of wilting flowers.

It doesn't just blink anymore.
It turns its head and looks around.
Sometimes it catches me looking and smiles.
It has human teeth.
Tiny human teeth.
Far too many to have come from one mouth.

Out of morbid curiosity I asked my dad what he and mum had done with mine
my sibling's baby teeth.
Apparently they had indeed put them in the bear, said it was a keepsake bear.
There was some kind of pouch in the back for them.
It explains why the bear has teeth but how did they get in its mouth?

Last night my dad asked where the bear went.

We couldn't find it anywhere in the house.

This morning I found small bite marks on my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment