20140927

Day 146

There are places where sinkholes are abundant.
There are places that have never been touched.
These places are connected.

At the base of some sinkholes lie tunnels.
It is believed that they lead to the underworld.
This isn't far off from the truth.

The world is connected through a series of passageways deep underground.
The world is in denial that they exist but those still living down there are trying to reach out to us.
Several cases of people vanishing into sinkholes have been noted and many more have not.

The tunnel dwellers need them.

They needed me.

When the authorities found me on a roadside many miles from the hole I fell into, I claimed amnesia.
Who would believe that there were whole civilisations many miles beneath our feet.

But there are.

I'll admit I was unconscious for most of the journey down,  the fall really took it out of me.
When I woke up I was in a dimly lit room that stank of rust and dirt.
Somehow the air was breathable, must've been vents somewhere leading up.

There was a hole where a door might have been, the hinges were rusted to pieces.
I headed outside to see where I was, it felt quite warm so I thought I might be in one of the old warehouses in town.

Through the door was an old shop front and I mean old.
Looked like something out of a western.

Every surface was covered in a thick layer of grime and the tins of food were way past their sell by date.
I rubbed at a window, trying to peer through the dirt to see if anyone was walking around out there.

I could faintly make out large dark blobs moving through the street.
They looked much larger than a human.
Much, much larger.
The smallest was at least 3 meters tall.

As I was peering out at the humanoid shapes below I heard a loud thud behind me.
It seems I hadn't been alone in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment