20141003

Day 152

I saw my face pressed against the mirror from across the room.
They were smiling and laughing and clawing at the glass.
I could hear their - my - nails raking down over and over again.
I wasn't sure, at first, if they were trying to get out or writing a message.

It was getting late.
I'd been staring at my mirror-self for hours, too scared to turn away.
I wondered what would happen when the sun went down, the light in
this room needed replacing and I never quite got round to it.
That was a mistake I never made again.

As it got darker the sound of scratching got louder.
Closer.
I could just about make out my reflection (if that's what it even was).

It wasn't in the mirror anymore.

It was in front of me.

It touched my face, frowned and vanished.

I still don't know what happened that night, I mean I don't feel any different.

I don't have a reflection though.

No comments:

Post a Comment