20141028

Day 177

Traffic jams happen a lot around my area.
I liked to amuse myself by observing other people with
small cameras hidden all over the exterior of my car.

The controls were simple enough, I made an app for it.
So last Thursday when I was doing this everyone was doing
all kinds of weird stuff.

Like there was this middle aged woman left of me sharpening
knives in her front seat.
She had one of those rubber-looking blocks and was, almost
obsessively, filing the blades to a fine point.

To my right was a group of teens eating some kind of raw
meat with their bare hands.
The blood had drenched their faces and was running down
their arms in rivers.
I'd never seen anyone eat so aggressively.

In front of me was a family, the kids in the back seats were
waving frantically at me.
When they had my attention they reached into the boot of
their vehicle and dragged up a headless corpse.
They then dropped it and their family got out of the car and
headed for the gas station across the road.
The littlest girl was carrying a very full backpack.

I was pretty shaken by this point, tried to call the police but
my damned phone had no signal.
Stupid thing was always on the fritz when I needed it most.

As the family came back, they entered from behind my car.
I noticed the girl's backpack was now empty.
They turned around again when they got back into their seats.
They were laughing and pointing at me and the boot of their car.

I decided to ignore them and look in my rear camera via my phone.
The guy behind was reading the paper, he looked the most normal
out of everyone around me.

It was quite relieving until I saw the headline on his newspaper
change.

Everything vanished from the cover and end of the paper as a new,
large message appeared.

Check your reverse.

I assumed it meant my reverse camera so, while the handbrake
was still on, I switched the car into reverse.

There, in full view of the reverse cam, I saw the missing head.

On his face, in blood, was a child's handprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment