20141105

Day 185

I inherited a storage room.
Couldn't wait to see what was in it, I hoped it was money.
It was from my cousin, we fell out of touch years ago.
Shame he died so suddenly.

I went to the storage room last week.
It was mostly full of books about the occult, you know,
the ones with pentagrams and demons on the front.
But right at the back, there was... something else.

The note attached to the top said it was a kind of zombie,
apparently my cousin had made it himself which was both
impressive and disgusting.

It was a head.
It was in a jar.
It was alive and... in a jar.

The head looked to be a child's, it was so small and so
distorted, there was no way it could be anything but a
Frankenstein-like creation.

It had ears.
Little ears all over its small face.
It flinched when I tapped on the glass, how is it alive?

According to the note my cousin left, this strange little
being was unfinished.
And he needed me to complete his work.

And I did.

I followed his note to the last letter.
Pulling the head out of the jar I cut out its tongue and
sewed its mouth shut.
I bathed it in my own blood, as much as I could safely
draw and then...

Then it was done.

It sits in the jar again.
I kept it hidden, nobody can know about this.

My cousin's research told me that for every life I took,
I would gain their remaining years.

I plan on living a long time with my new creation.

A very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment