20141225

Day 235

There's an old Bible that's been handed down through our family for centuries.
Passed on from living heir to living heir, through untold tragedies.
Now this is pretty uncommon I know, but what's weirder is that no-one's ever opened it.

I mean, what's the point of having an ancient religious text if you can't open it and compare
it to its' modern counterparts?
We may be missing huge chunks of text in our current Bibles!
Who knows what chapters were considered too "blasphemous" or just unwanted by whoever
was in charge of whichever country this was in at the time.

I'm going to give it to a Biblical expert and see if they can find anything interesting about it.


Update:

So far everything seems to be roughly the same as the modern Bible.
There's the expected language difference, slight alterations in wording to fit the changing time
periods and language.
I spoke with the expert yesterday and he was impressed with the age of the book but overall
the contents were unremarkable and pretty standard for a Bible.
She's only halfway through it but I'll make a note again when she's gone through it all.

Update:

She finished it last week and I met with her two days ago.
Turns out there was a secret compartment in the thick cover (I always wondered about that).
We opened it together and inside were four scraps of paper with handwritten notes on them.

See, this is where is gets really strange- one sheet had all the names of the people in my family
who have had the book before me... and including me...

The next one I looked at had their causes of death, it varied from the expected "old age" to
seriously messed up stuff like "poisoned by firstborn" and "curse".
Apparently my great-aunt died by"demon" whatever that means.

Either my so called "expert" put this in here to freak me out or... or it's real.

The third sheet was a map of some place in Northumberland and the fourth was a number.
I googled it and the first thing that came up is some weird book I've never heard of.
It was only available in the Morpeth Library so I headed there hoping this would eventually lead
to treasure or at least some important historical discovery.

The book was real,the only one in the library and god it was old.
Right at the back of the history section I found it, took it out and found a quiet café to read it in.

It knew my name.
Every page had my name written on it.
And my cause of death.

What the hell is a Dybbuk and how can I stop it?

No comments:

Post a Comment