20150101

Day 242

Have you ever seen a dead body?
I have... it was my cousin's.
Haven't been to a family reunion since.
There hasn't been one since.

I remember it being at my gran's house but she's always denied that.
She's denied the entire thing, you know.
Just repainted the room and acted like my cousin was never there.

Nobody in the family talks about it, we still don't quite know how it happened.
They arrested her dad and said "case solved" but we all know it wasn't him.
It couldn't have been, he never went near that room the whole day.

By the time I got to the house she was already in there so I went in to check on her.
Aunt Joyce said she'd rushed there the second they got there, never said a word.
By the time I got to her it was too late.

The first thing I noticed was the blood seeping under the closed door.
The handle was stiff, I had to shove my whole body against it to get it open.
As soon as it gave way I heard a sickening crunch and something wet hit the floor with a dull thud.
Slowly peering into the room I  saw an arm lying on the floor.

The entire room was covered in blood, huge splatters along the walls and... strings?
Yes, strings nailed to every surface.
That's what was holding her up.
She was still breathing when I went in, trying to scream through a partially slit throat.
The strings dug deep into every inch of her body.

As I screamed I saw her still attached arm jerk towards me, outstretched and pleading for help.
I didn't know what to do, who in my situaton would?!

The more she tried to reach me, the deeper the strings cut.
She began to struggle and flail as our relatives rushed towards us.
Just as they reached the door she fell.
In pieces.

Somehow we never found her entire body.

That first arm is still missing.

I see it sometimes,string tightly wrapped round it, digging in, tapping on my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment