20150105

Day 246

What if he finds out before we tell him?
What if he hears it from someone at school?
What will they tell him and how wrong will they get it?

I can't just tell a twelve year old boy that there is in fact a monster in our home.
I certainly can't tell him I bargained with it.
My life for his.
I know I'm scum, I'm a coward but don't I deserve to live too?

The thing in my home it... it's killed before.
Become something of a local legend.
I thought this was bad enough but people have started talking about it more now.
Somebody's spotted it near here.
God forbid they spread that, it'll lead the police right to me and I can have that.

Every precaution has been taken, just want it over and done so I can mourn in safety.
He should have been here by now, I've hidden myself away in the shed just in case.
I can see the monster moving in the living room, when did it get so bulky?
It's heading to the front door, maybe it's going out to hunt him?

Good.
It'll draw all attention away from me.
They won't suspect the grieving mother whose poor son has gone missing.

I swear I hear footsteps outside.
Has the thing come back to tell me it's done?
Does it do that?

Yes, it's there but my son is with it?
He should be dead or at least dying.
Looks like he's talking to it and pointing at the shed.

It's crouching down now.
It's peering through my eyehole.

No comments:

Post a Comment