20150122

Day 263

You see this?
It wards of the Night Ones.
I carved this one into the church cause the Night Ones got in last week.
They leave behind masks made of human flesh and bird bones.
Father McKaithe didn't tell the Police but he called me in to help him bless the church again.

We made sure to sprinkle salt around every possible entrance and mixed rosemary in too.
You can never be too careful when the Night Ones are nearby.
That was when I carved this symbol.

It's the same one I use on my house, you know.
Keeps the Night Ones right away.
That and other symbols, not the cross though... they like to show how ineffective it is... eagerly.
They did in the church, used it to gouge out the eyes of every face in all the photos and books
before finally screwing it up into a ball.
Now it was a big cross -at least two foot tall - and made of iron.
Not that it mattered apparently.

A few days ago the Night Ones sent one of their human followers to the church.
He came late at night and couldn't get past the door.
Father McKaithe had the idea to push him in so he'd fall on the salt/rosemary mix.
We didn't expect him to start convulsing and vomiting blood.
Seems he'd been involved with the Night Ones for so long he was almost one himself.

Never thought I'd see that, to be quite honest.
His face began to warp and twist, showing his actual face,well it wasn't so much a face as it was
a large mottled green/grey slab made mostly of mouth and pulsating veins.
His body was more human but almost skeletal, seems he'd come to the church to feed.
Now we knew what the mixture did, we made sure to keep some in our pockets at all times.

Lucky we did too, last time I used it was actually last night.
I was just heading through the gate to go visit Father McKaithe, see how he was holding up.
The Night Ones were already there, pressing themselves against the walls and peering in.
They were standing on top of what looked to be human skeletons.
None of them were near the front door as we'd covered that whole area with the mix so I thought
I was safe to go inside.

I was wrong, they all turned as one and screeched at me.
I nearly made it to the door, hands flinging the mix everywhere around me.
My pockets weren't deep enough, I nearly made it though.

I left instructions for Father McKaithe to put the special symbol on my grave so they couldn't turn me.

I can see the good Father now.

I'm going to tell him it doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment