20150603

Day 394

There's a still life doll in the old art block, made of stone not wood.
According to the older students it was the head of department's final project.
This I could believe, the man was an artistic genius.
Shame he rarely sculpted any more, something to do with his anaemia?

He always said that still life doll was the source of his inspiration.
That it made his art live.
Others in my year thought he meant it figuratively.
He did always say "feed your art", who'd have guessed he meant it literally.

I only found out when I stayed late to finish my end of year piece.
The head rarely came out of the department so seeing him walk past the studio was unusual.
He was holding a small sculpture like the mechanical ones in his office.
One of the guys from my sculpture class was following him,holding a large knife.

I decided to spy on them, see what they could possibly be doing.
They went over to the stone still life doll, the head placed his sculpture in the arms of the doll.
He also placed a large tarpaulin in front of the statue which the student knelt on.
It had been stored behind the doll, never noticed it before.

When he slit the student's throat, collected the blood in his hands and smeared it on the stone
sculpture and around the brown stained mouth area of the doll I began to panic.
The doll moved its head up and down.
Before my eyes the small sculpture began to move just like the ones in the head's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment