20151023

Day 536

There is a monster in my neighbour's house and it's just killed them all.
I've seen glimpses of it when I've been round there but it's never fully come out.
They all knew it was there and considered it a fourth family member.
It gave them small gifts like coins it found or shiny metal objects.
I remember one time it brought them an old tobacco tin that turned out to be worth hundreds.

They thought it was a lucky creature, their little shadow man.
It always struck me as creepy, with its head poking out of the dark randomly, eyes as big as fists.
Anna (who was their daughter, about my age too) used to talk to it and claimed it talked back.
She tried to get it to talk to me too but I always ran out of the room, afraid to hear what it said.
Eventually she stopped trying to get me to speak to it.

One day when I was in her room and Anna was downstairs getting a drink it appeared.
As usual it was in her wardrobe, head peeping around the open door and staring.
It spoke to me and said it wanted a drink too, said to come closer, reached out to me.
I freaked out and ran straight out of the house, never went back in again.
None of them could convince me to go back - I knew it wanted blood and they didn't believe me.

It's stacking what's left of their heads along the window opposite mine.
Anna's room.
Through the blood splattered glassI can see it just sitting there, watching me watch it.
I've already called the police but I don't know what to tell them.
I can only hope that it can't leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment