20160108

Day 613

Hidden in an alleyway in a carpark by the docks.
Take a left turn on the bridge and head past the building that was a warehouse back in the day.
You'll see it down there.

The place where half a building collapsed.
Where they left the remains of whatever caused it.
I mean, people heard the crash but nobody came to check it out, nobody believed it was a real thing.

The newspapers ran a few articles over the course of a week asking for sources.
I don't know if they found any, doubt they even knew where it happened.
Luckily the storage area was due for demolishing anyway.

Lucky me, I saw the creature half buried under the rubble.
My flat is just across the street from there.I saw that it came from under the ground, broke its way up and through the old storage area.

I don't think it didn't mean to cause any damage, I think it just wanted out.
Either way it looked like nothing from any story book, movie or picture I'd ever seen.
With its bulbous head surrounded by a circlet of neon red eyes, some pierced by sharp debris.

Even its skin had this weird looking texture almost like it was constantly rippling like water.
It kept trying to lift its head up - to the sky or to face me or just instinct, I don't know.
The body is still there, rotting away even now.

Nobody's going to come for it but someone keeps leaving flowers there - white lilac mostly.
It's some kind of code I know, somebody knows what that creature was and where it came from.
Maybe they even called it up here and feel guilty that it died.

I can't help but wonder if it came alone or if its corpse has paved the way for others like it.
Can you imagine, thousands of them erupting from the ground all over the world.
All to just try and stare at the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment