20160113

Day 618

There's something slightly creepy about empty roads late at night.
Not sure if it's the lack of normal activity or the long limbed things that scuttle between streets.
They sit always in the corners of my eyes and wait by the roadside when I drive past.
It makes the night shift worse when you constantly see them outside the windows.

Some of them seem to have set routines, going from house to house in the same pattern each night.
I still don't know what it is they do in these houses and believe me they go right inside.
They mutter to each other too, sometimes using English but mostly a kind of skreeing sound.
It varies in pitch and tone, somehow meaning everything.

I do wonder though, if they use English when humans who notice them are around.
It's just that the words they say always relate to something in my house or someone I know.
Just the occasional string of words like "pink plate in sink" or "hidden in the blue sofa cushion".
I'd confront them about it but honestly they're a lot bigger than me up close.

Some of the ones near my house sit comfortably in the eight to nine feet tall range.
I do wonder if they go in my house when I'm not there or not aware.
Lately they've been skittering about the carpark I always use, lurking in the shaded areas.
I think they know that I know that they're there.

Have I accidentally made eye contact too many times?
Are they going to keep coming closer to me until they're standing right next to me?
I can see one from the elevator but I don't want to go out the door now.
It's one of the biggest I've seen and it's staring right at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment