20160122

Day 628

There's always been something off about car parks. Whether it's the iron bars on the windows, the faint stench of urine or the lift that looks to be forty years out of date there's always something that makes you wish you'd been able to park elsewhere.

For me it's definitely the lift. It has a tendency to do as it pleases and you'd be lucky to get off at any floor,let alone the one you wanted. There's a sign on the doors now saying it's due to faulty wiring but what kind of faulty wiring causes the lift to laugh at you?

A few weeks ago I went there for the last time, I haven't got the guts to go again after what happened. I mean, when you park opposite the lift late at night and the lift keeps opening and closing and the floor numbers keep going down and below to floors that shouldn't exist but somehow do, how are you supposed to just go back like nothing happened at all?

It just didn't feel right there, it's always been strange but seeing the floor numbers hit minus thirty in a three storey car park means something is very wrong. Either it really is faulty wiring or there's a whole lot more to the place than anybody's letting on. Especially when the lift itself only had buttons for floors 1, 2, 3 and the basement where larger vehicles park.

I know people have reported odd smells and noises and sudden changes in temperature ranging from hot enough to blister skin to cold enough that icicles form on the ceiling. I had a plan to put a camera in the corner to see what it was like on floor -30 but when I retrieved it those few weeks ago all I could see was a pair of bright red legs. Human legs, I should add, but the brightest red.

They just stood there for (according to the time stamp) eight and a half hours which was from the moment the lift doors closed to when I got it the next morning. They didn't even appear there which is the worst part of it.

I had the camera recording from just before I set it down you see, and the footage clearly shows the lower half of a human standing there all bright red and severed brutally at the waist, little toes wiggling like a bored child's and all. I never saw anything when I put it down there though. But I'll admit it felt quite warm inside there.

No comments:

Post a Comment