20160818

Day 836

They're burning things in the allotments again, I can see the smoke from my flat on the hilltop. No matter how many letters I write to the council or how many times I complain to the allotment owners nothing is done to stop them. Absolutely nothing. Drives me mad.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of tidying up and some of those allotments can only be saved by burning everything and starting from scratch. It's just that when the wind blows my way all I can hear is the screams of who and whatever they're burning - not to mention the smell ranges from pleasant barbecue to singed hair and plastic. It's so off-putting!

At least when I do burnings in my garden I'm considerate enough to use a small underground chamber that my husband Jerry dug out himself. He's good like that, makes sure we can keep up the standard rituals without causing unnecessary hassle for anyone else, unlike the allotment owners.

They'll have their turn soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment