20170317

Day 1,003

The world's full of places where humans don't belong. Places where reality's a bit stretched and time doesn't mean a thing. We've all been caught in them one or twice and if you're reading this then you've been lucky enough to escape- that or the edges of reality have WiFi somehow. I wouldn't be surprised.

Last time I found myself in one of these un-places was when I fell asleep on a coach from London to Edinburgh. It was meant to be about seven and a half hours but when I woke up and checked my watch I'd somehow missed an entire day! To make matters even worse I was on some tinpot island called Inchmickery!

It looked like something straight out of an apocalypse movie with every building run ragged by nature.The only other human I could see was the bus driver (though I'm not entirely convinced he was human, more like an extension of the bus really) who cheerfully informed me that I wasn't meant to have woken up yet.

Honestly if I hadn't taken a few sneaky photos on my brief walk back to the coach I would have sworn it was all just a dream. I managed to doze after some fitful wriggling and woke up in Edinburgh with a few other passengers who looked just as groggy as I felt.

I keep wondering what would have happened if I had refused to get back on the coach - would the driver have left without me? More importantly how did he get such a large coach onto a ferry, over the rotting pier and right into the heart of the island without causing any damage?

Needless to say I took the train home and downed enough coffee to make my teeth shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment