20170704

Day 1,032

I fell asleep playing hide-and-seek with my friends so I'm still trying to piece everything together and figure out what could have caused everyone to die like they did. I guess those four years of being the hide-and-seek champion of Reignton Primary School paid off as I reckon it was how I got missed.

From the calendars I've been marking, it's been nine years since everyone died. All I ever found of them were their skins in a pile, like they'd just shrugged them off like they'd gone to find something more comfortable. Now those damp piles were shrivelled up, resembling raisins more than anything.

Now I know there are more survivors out there, or at least something that knows how to drive. There's this ice cream van that's been driving around the mall I'm hiding in, blasting out its music like it's trying to lure me out.

It might have worked nine years ago. Now I wait until it's at the opposite side of the mall and start placing my traps. It knows I'm doing this, manages to avoid all the nails, the barbed wire and the oil. I'll get it sooner or later though.

I'm the world's greatest hide-and-seek champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment