20170815

Day 1,074

Every sound has a colour to it. For instance, laughter varies from giggles in teal to guffawing neon blue while coughing is a creamy kind of purple. Bird-songs are always my favourite for the tittering rainbows of colour that quietly erupt across my eyes every time I hear them.

Still, not every sound has a colour, at least not one that I can immediately link together as I've been able to for so many common things. Sometimes it takes a while for a colour to appear for a sound, other times sounds share colours which causes a fair amount of confusion for me. It can be hard enough to see around these bright flashes of colour normally, let alone having new colours appear for sounds I thought were blank.

Lately all the colours have started to fade for me. All the neons are now pastel, the glittering beating colours more akin to a dying pulse and the rapid shifting from one sound to another is a dreary rainbow that scrolls listlessly over the world like a poorly edited filter.

The only colour that isn't fading is the blue-tinted orange of footsteps.

If anything it's been getting brighter, crushing everything else until all I can see at night are footsteps that I can't hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment