20170818

Day 1,077

I've always had a set of extra...well, everything, for as long as I can remember. Nobody else can see them, they just sort of drift about me all pale and translucent. I can use them just as well as I can use my own limbs but sometimes we have disagreements.

It's the most worrying thing to have arms that nobody else sees suddenly shove you about just because you wore that shirt that they liked and they can't wear it because they can't touch most solid objects while you are always the exception to this. Still, I learned to adapt and get on with my life, claiming these little incidents as me just being clumsy.

I never knew why this had ever happened to me until I dug up an old photo album when my parents were moving house. There was an ultrasound photo that clearly showed twins, yet there I was thinking I was an only child all these years.

It took a fair few weeks of persuasion before my parents would tell me anything and I almost wish they hadn't,although it does explain why she's so angry at me exactly eight days before our birthday. My parents blame themselves out loud but something in their eyes says it was somehow my fault and I suppose they're right.

After all, nobody made me push her out of the open crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment