20170909

Day 1,099

Tomorrow is a Great Day.

Tomorrow the Piper comes to town and he shall rid us of our children once more.

Tomorrow he shall lead them through the tunnel under the bridge to be gone forever.

Five hundred and fifty eight years he's been coming to our aid, un-ageing and perfectly merciless.

Our little angels are taken away so swiftly, so professionally, never to return.


This may all sound rather barbaric but they aren't children, you see, not even human. They just appear in our homes overnight wearing the still-bloodied skins of children and calling us their parents so we may be less likely to kill them. It's why the Piper does it for us.

We aren't actually sure quite what they are, they never remove their skins and anyone who glimpses too much is always bound to wake up with no eyes at all. Dreadfully unfortunate but sadly unavoidable for those who see too well, whose children take a disliking to them for whatever reason - and believe me, they will find a reason if you don't manage to convince them that you love them unconditionally.

As any good mother I try to provide for my newly acquired offspring, strange as they may be and deadlier than they want you to know. I've done everything I possibly can to ensure they don't suspect a thing from me. They'd never suspect their dear old mother, not when she's adopted so many of them from cruel and unworthy parents.

If it means another is spared I'd take in a thousand of these strange children, this town has to survive somehow and I'm sure the Piper will have an easier time of it with so many children under one roof. All I have to do until dawn is keep them placated and send them off to bed as gently as I can.

I'd hate to wake up as blind as my fool of a spouse.

They should know better than to try and kill a child themself.

They got what they deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment