20171002

Day 1,121

Most houses creak and groan at night as they settle down, writhing gently until their timbers feel right again. I used to think my house clicked instead of creaked, sharp fluttery creaks, until I found the first photo of me sleeping placed on my pillow.

Every day for the past week photos of me have been appearing round the house. Now I know the clicks are a camera I can't see and that something is always close to me, watching me, and now it wants me to know I am being seen.

I've been trying to see what it wants, what I can do to get it to leave. The priest I begged to come over just told me the house is fine and that I'm loved by God, etc, but it's only made things worse. I turn my back and suddenly there's a photo of me on the coffee table with my back turned.

The paper is always warm, freshly printed somehow, from somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment