20180315

Day 1,284

I wasn't dared to go through Alice's Cave, I chose to. Maybe that's what makes it worse... maybe that's why I saw everything and came out the other side roughly the same. You can't say that happens too often, or ever really.

We all remember the McColloughby twins who, in all fairness, might still be alive down there. I mean, I didn't see their bodies but I didn't see their bodies so there's a slim chance that they've survived. Whether they're human at this point is another matter entirely.

I found traces of them fairly deep down, past the old Catholic church. Seems they took off their matching helmets, jackets and shoes - all facing the Alice's Tears, that monster of a lake with a ceiling that drips so much it feels like you'll be up to your neck in stale water at any second.

If they were sensible they would've taken the tethered boat and pulled themselves to the other side but when I was there the boat was on my side. Either they never got that far or someone else moved it back after they'd used it.

There weren't any other signs of them past Alice's Tears.

There were plenty of signs for other things though, found a fair few dog tags and company badges from almost thirty missing people. I left it all there of course, felt disrespectful to move what might be the last remaining pieces all of those lost people.

It was a bit of a blur from then on, just tunnel after tunnel after tunnel after the feeling of something walking just out of my light's reach. I made the mistake of retracing my steps a few paces and saw footprints I'll not soon forget.

I can only hope it stayed in the cave but just in case it didn't... I'm so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment