20180501

Day 1,331

A trio on the theme of rest...


Every since the car accident, my baby's been ever so restless.

I've tried rocking her, feeding her, singing - anything I could think of.

She just won't stop crying.

Maybe if I had cremated her instead of burying her she'd be able to sleep?

-- -- -- -- -- --

It calls to him when he is in bed, that reedy voice from his closet.

When he was younger he called it Joey and they played together.

As he grew, so did Joey and their games changed from imaginary fights to killing mice.

Every passing day meant another night of frantically scrubbing blood from his clothes.

He thought he could hide from Joey by moving house.

Joey didn't think that was very nice.

Joey won't let him sleep any more, not until he plays again.

-- -- -- -- -- --

It's 2AM and my neighbours are at it again.

Every Monday without fail -  it's like they forget we share a a wall.

All I can hear is the screaming, the crying, the victim begging someone to call the police.

Why can't they just take the poor bastards out to a field or one of the old warehouses like the rest of us?

It's just common decency, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment