20180507

Day 1,337

Dear Dad,

I saw him outside again last night, our Toby.

He hasn't aged a day since I last saw him but as you know, that was nine years ago.

I swear it feels like he left this morning and Mike isn't helping by insisting that everything stays the same.

It won't bring him back, I know he can't come back and he should just move on.

Toby's too much like his dad, neither of them can accept change.

Mike copes by forcing things to remain as they are and Toby seems to be coping by waiting outside.

His little head is just as crushed as it was after I'd taken the sledgehammer to it.

He doesn't seem angry though, in fact I don't think he can move his face at all.

I tried to make it as quick as possible but he kept wriggling.

Now he's standing by the back door.

I think he wants to come home and tonight I think I'll let him in.


Wish me luck Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment