20180509

Day 1,339

The house felt like a fever dream. There was no other way to describe the way the walls melted into the floor, the way everything shifted in a kaleidoscope of room-like approximations. It was as if something had been given a few magazines and told to make somewhere you could put a human, only that something had never seen or experienced humanity before and as such only had the vaguest ideas of what this meant.

I don't remember what the outside looked like, I don't even remember how I got here. All I know is that every room looks new every I blink and every time I blink I catch a glimpse of someone running past the door or whatever room I'm in.

I don't know if they're real - I don't know if any of this is real or if I'm just lying comatose in a hospital somewhere. I just want to know how to get home, who this other person is (if they even are a person and not another part of this fabricated nightmare) and what they do while I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment