20180724

Day 1,415

"Okay, but are you a human?"

"Definitely... probably?" they said, tilting their head with a smile that held too many inhuman teeth.

I mean, they were approximately human. They had most of the components to be considered a human just not in the right quantities and the rest were several species away from being even vaguely human but I do give them credit for trying.

And they must have been trying for quite some time judging by their outdated clothing and how grey their somewhat-human hair was. Their skin seemed to have come from one person and they hadn't quite got the sizing right. It wasn't too big, mind you, it was...well... skintight to use a pun.

Literally.

Every time they moved, some part of them creaked like worn leather and the faint cracks along their joints only became more pronounced over the course of our encounter. I had to wonder just how much longer they'd be able to hold themself together, if at all.

I never did find out exactly what they were underneath all of their attempted humanness. Part of me wanted to believe they were an actual human dressed up like a monster and not the other way around but like any sensible coward I made all the right excuses to leave when they mentioned, for the fifth time, just how pretty my teeth were.

No comments:

Post a Comment