20180714

Day 1,405

Inmates had been disappearing for years and nothing was done, in fact the cell doors were left unlocked most nights. It was like we were being left for bait or maybe they just didn't care if a few low-rate dealers got out. Everyone knew they'd either be back or dead by the end of the year.

I've only been here for three months but five people have vanished already. There was no sign that they even left their cells, not even their cellmates noticed they were gone until morning.The wardens played their part well in pretending to look for people who would never be found before putting a warrant out for their arrest again.

A few inmates suspected some kind of black market organ trade going on and I wish they were right. It'd be so much safer then. I only know what's really happening because I was stupid enough to be awake when my cellmate was taken.

I'm still not sure if it was the feeling of something breathing on my face or the smell but I woke up to a pair of bright orange eyes that were about the size of my head. The rest of it looked like a cross between fresh tarmac and frankenstein, limbs with familiar tattoos appeared and disappeared into that weird pulsing lump of a body slowly and steadily, like it was breathing them.

Now here's something I promised myself I'd keep tilI died - I talked to it. I whispered to it and told it that if it took my cellmate I'd help it take the entire city and it nodded. It nodded and then it bent down and it just straight up absorbed him.

His arms waved to me, sinking into the creature as it left my cell and went on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment