20180824

Day 1,447

My imaginary friends never lived beneath my bed or in my closet. They never followed me around and got me into trouble, in fact they helped me avoid it. Every night their hands would curl around my headboard and they'd lift themselves through from their world into this one.

I never saw all of them, not that they weren't fully in this world, its just that looking directly at them gave me such a headache. They were made from inorganic angles, limbs that vanished and reformed in the blink of an eye and a thousand hushed voices all rolled into a few smallish beings who, for some reason, used their time in our world to tell a little girl how to stay safe.

With their knowledge I avoided car accidents, food poisoning, bad relationships - you name it and they've probably told me how to dodge it. All they asked for in return was that I willingly allow someone else to take my place each and every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment