20180913

Day 1,467

When I saw the bones my first thought was they lied to me, shortly followed by who were they and how did they die. I was supposed to be the first human to set foot on Pluto and the first to see it with my own bare eyes and yet all I was seeing was the broken remnants of a shuttle and several corpses all huddled together close by.

None of them had name tags or identifying markers on their suits and their visors were so frozen over I couldn't make out their faces. I know I could have just popped off their helmets to have a look but touching a dead person it the absolute last thing I want to do out here.

The secondary and tertiary shuttles will be here in three weeks. I have until then to figure out who these people were, who sent them, how it was kept a secret and what killed them. The only damage that seems to have been done to them is the identical rips in their air hoses, it almost looks like it was done with a machine-like precision.

If any of their logs survived on the shuttle, if they even made any, then I'll at least have faces to put to the pile of suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment