20181019

Day 1,503

The carpet writhed with every step I took, the thing beneath it was just waiting for me to trip. It's been lurking in the office for months now but nobody else seems to be able to see it, that or they think that if they ignore it then everything will go back to normal.

It's hard to ignore something when you've seen it drag birds into the air vents and found their bones arranged into ancient sumerian text beside your keyboard. In some ways it reminds me of a stray cat only a hell of a lot bigger and somewhat dimensionally challenged.

It tends to slip in and out if existence like it's poking its way through whatever loose hole it can find with the sole aim of infiltrating the office and asking us to swear fealty to it by killing small birds and rodents alike and treating their little corpses like one-use pens.

I stopped trying to translate the messages it left me after the first eight all said the same thing. Every time it's always "pledge your life to me and I shall bring you riches beyond your feeble mind's imagination" which isn't a very nice thing to say to someone.

Then again, I don't suppose an ancient eldritch being would respond too well to a HR meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment