20190107

Day 1,584

Honestly I don't know how he could sit there and tell me that nothing was wrong when the restless ghosts of his victims stood behind him screaming. Every time he opened his mouth they opened theirs to call him out for every single lie he told me that night.

He said he stayed late at work to fire off a few last-minute emails... the young man whose wrists were tied to his beck with course rope said he was ambushed while walking home. He said he then got dragged to a bar by a couple of colleagues... the young man told me where to find his body.

This was hardly the first time he'd made these excuses but it seemed like a new ghost joined him every night after work, each looking worse than the last while he remained so perfectly composed. One even joined overnight - she wasn't there when we went to bed but this morning she was with the rest of them, well most of her was.

They all told me where to find them and how they died.

Killing him just seemed like the next step.

I wonder if he started like this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment