20190114

Day 1,591

Fabric holds onto scent deeply and memories deeper still. No matter how many times you get a new mattress or paint the headboard - a deathbed will always be a deathbed. Both you and it will remember who took their last breath there and that soft rattle fading into nothingness will linger until you throw the damned thing away.

I know someone once died on my bed. The sheets will always crease to form the shape of a body whose face is utterly contorted, mouth wide open and limbs pencil-straight. In all honesty I don't care who died or how... I just want them to stop talking to me when I'm trying to sleep.

Every night it's the same "Please help me... Find the doctor... Where's my husband..." and I'm beyond fed up of it all. I reckon that even if I did manage to find their husband or the doctor they'd still linger about and ask for more and more and more because the dead are eternal and very quickly forget how to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment