20190120

Day 1,597

Something is eating away at my thoughts again, I can hear the gnawing in my ears.

It starts with small things, the minute details that you'd expect the average person to forget. A name,an address, your keys-nothing out of the ordinary. At this point you'd even mistake the faint chewing noises for tinnitus and do nothing about it.

That's how it gets you, lets you think that everything is normal and you are normal and then colours begin to flash before your eyes and you forget your mother's  face. By then it's too deep to remove. By then it's just a matter of waiting until you forget how to breathe.

Sometimes it can be caught fairly early, like it was with me three years ago. I kept insisting that I was hearing things, that it wasn't normal  and it took me lying about hearing voices to get them to scan mybrain and find thebloody thing.

Removal isn't pretty and barelysafe. It happens so rarely that we don't really know the long-term effects ofit except that it makes you moresusceptible. I mean, why go through a full hedge when someone's hacked a path through one a few minutes away?

I can hear it chewing on my mind and I'mlosing

No comments:

Post a Comment