20190216

Day 1,624

There's the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is" which, in a world where the impossible is just one piece of tech away, doesn't ring the old alarm bells it used to. I mean it does for the older generations who still remember what life was like before we had all the world's information in our pockets but the rest of us are just left to guess and rely on the typed words of those who went there before us.

At least, that's my excuse for going on a suspiciously cheap cruise and ending up being trapped in the ruins of an old army compound wondering if those screams were human or something mimicking a human to lure me out again. They nearly got me last time, had me right by the front gates and were setting up to leap when one of them made the mistake of growling instead of sobbing.

Not an easy mistake to make if you've been human all your life but they're just getting started and everyone who agrees to go on this particular cruise is just more practice for them until they get it right. I assume that's when they'll be let out and the global population will be reduced to a more manageable size.

At least I hope that's their aim - if that's not it then I dread to think what else it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment