20190309

Day 1,645

The girl was back again, her tilted head peeping over the fence and smiling like she'd just won the lottery. I wasn't supposed to bother her or even acknowledge she existed yet every Friday without fail she'd spend all night staring up at my bedroom window.

Sometimes she'd wave to me and I'd hear her faintly asking me to come outside and play. I made the mistake of telling my parents this and they boarded my window up for a few weeks. She didn't like that though and came into the garden for the first time.

I remember being the first to head downstairs and the first to get a decent look at her. That was when I realised her head had never been tilted, it was sideways like someone pulled the head off a doll and tried to glue it back on badly.

Her mouth ran the entire length of her face and most of her neck too. The whole thing opened when she spoke and asked me to come out and play. I lied and said I was grounded for killing the class hamster (worryingly the first thing that came to mind) and she called me out.

She said she already killed it when my windows first got blocked. My parents came rushing downstairs before I could ask her anything else and they dragged me back upstairs. Needless to say a discussion was had without me and my windows were cleared before lunchtime.

She never came into the garden again, she just peered over the fence and asked me to come outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment