20190413

Day 1,680

I've been in the bunker for almost five months now.

My food supplies were running low but I soon solved that.

It used to be so loud in here but I solved that too.

Well... almost.

There aren't any people left to speak to me any more but the walls still talk from time to time. They used to say how much they hated me, how much of a slimy and loathsome creature I was but since I started leaving them offerings, they've become a lot nicer to me.

Now the walls treat me like a friend, at least the ones that can still speak do. There were a couple of walls that were just too aggressive and hurtful so I had to open the vents and fill them with all the life from the surface. Now I am left with kind walls and enough food to last me for a few more months.

My only worry was when one voice escaped last week. They climbed up the wall and broke through the vent, leaving a leak that meant I had to sacrifice part of the upper levels. I knew when they came back to me by the frantic pounding on the main hatch..

It faded away after a while so I hope they succumbed but I do worry that they figured out where the other hatches are. For all I know the other walls have been working with them - all angry at their entrapment and not able to understand that this means someone will survive this hell.

I think I might be better off silencing all the remaining walls.

For their own good.

And mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment