20190427

Day 1,694

Everyone in my class has had a sleepover. Everyone but me. They like to remind about this and ask me why, why, why like they'd take me seriously if I told them the truth. I lie and say my parents are super strict, my granny is coming to live with us soon so we haven't got time for sleepovers, our dog eats strangers - anything to make them laugh and forget or something that makes enough sense to be believable.

The truth comes around at 23:48 every night and gently shakes me to wake up so I can answer its questions. It's always the same questions so half the time I'm not properly awake when I tell it exactly what it wants to hear. It really is quite hard to lie to something that lives in your shadow and will eat you if you're wrong.

I caught it off a transfer student who came over mine for my first and last sleepover. She was reading the answers from a small piece of paper but she pronounced one of the words wrong and its jaw dropped to the floor, it rushed forward and swallowed her whole.

Sometimes when it's waiting for me to answer it will let her scream a bit, she's so far down that it comes out really muffled but she's alive enough to be in a great deal of pain. One night it stuck around after asking me the questions and let me know that she was being digested very slowly and the only way for her to die is if it eats someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment