20190818

Day 1,807

Last night I dreamt I met a dog with a human mouth and no paws. Its legs ended in bloody stumps but it still tried to writhe over to me, all the while just muttering "You're forgetting her and him and me" over and over and over until the words all slurred together as the blood loss overwhelmed it.


Last week I dreamt of you and me sitting upstairs on a double decker bus, right at the front. The rain was coming down so hard it looked like we were driving through a constant waterfall. You had my aunt's head in your lap and you kept asking me for a hair brush but all I had were pockets full of grave dirt.


Last month I dreamt the sun finally woke up, its light fading as it opened its mouth to speak to us all and ask us why we hadn't moved on yet. It spoke like we'd all been dead for centuries, too stubborn or stupid to know that everything had ended and there was no point in us keeping it waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment