20190826

Day 1,816

You tell me I'm more than that, like your words can somehow prevent the virus from running through me.

You tell me I'm more than that as my eyes, ears and nose start to bleed and everything turns hazy.

You scream out that I'm more than that when I have you cornered.


The haze takes over and I drift into a world made of meat. Everywhere I go there's something for me to eat. I barely care that I'm swallowing down yet another person I might have known or someone who might have been able to cure me.

I don't want to be cured now. I used to - back before the virus hit my brain, making everything slow down and everyone smell like the most delicious thing in the universe. Now I realise that I'm better off like this and I wouldn't change it for the world, or whatever will be left of it when I'm done.

If I was still human I'd miss you.

But I'm so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment