20190904

Day 1,825

I'm sure there are worse things for a spirit to be stuck in than a rusty old log cutter out in the middle of the woods but I'll admit I'm hard-pressed to think of anything after hearing the poor thing crying out for friends who'd been dead some eighty or so years.

I've been called heartless many times before in my life but even I won't stoop so low as to tell a ghost that he's outlived most of his generation and will keep outliving everyone until either he moves on or the machine rots to dust. Better to let him think they're alive somewhere, right?

I thought so too but last week he took a turn for the worse and is now trying to walk the damned machine into town, all the while he's screeching out names and names and names and I'll bet you ten bucks you can find them all in the town cemetery.

Someone must have told him some kinda bad news otherwise he'd still be back in the woods, calling his friends assholes for leaving him and not realising now many years have gone by. Whoever it was better be ready to answer to him when he goes full poltergeist in his grief.

I plan to be long gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment