20190930

Day 1,851

Stand still, stay silent.

All she had to do was stand still and stay silent until the sirens stopped and the spiders came out but when I went to check up on her all I found were the spiders. There was no sign of a struggle, no blood or torn fabric or the faint scent of fresh tarmac so they hadn't come into her home.

She must have gone to them.

She must have had a window open or been in the back garden and seen one of them who looked a little bit like someone she used to know and she went after them. That's why they like the elderly so much - they're easy prey and there are so many lonely old people in this world.

I just wish I could go after her.

I mean, I could but if I get caught by the police it's instant prison and if I get caught by them then its instant death if I'm lucky. Bit of a coin-toss for those of us who have strong feelings towards the missing but I've been tearing myself in half trying to decide.

That said, she'd probably do the same for me, heck that might be why she went in the first place.

Stand still, stay silent and I might just make it back home again.

Best and worst case scenario is that I find her... or worse still - she finds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment